Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tick tock, tick tock

Well the count down in definitely on. Only ten more days until I set up my solo show. I still have some work to get done, but for the most part I'm feeling pretty good about it. I've got a few days of hard work to do, but I have a plan so it isn't overwhelming... yet lol.

I'm almost done with my submissions to the scholarship show on the Bemidji State University campus, too. I'm pretty excited about this. I have three pieces that I am submitting, two sculptures and one enameled jewelry piece. I will be photographing them for my portfolio within the week so you all can see them soon.

One of my sculptures for the scholarship show will also be entered to in the Sculpture Walks in Bemidji, Mn. This is what I am the most excited about, not just because of the potential awards, but because this means my sculpture could be on display for an entire year in the community. It's also one of the sculptures that I am the most proud of.  

In fact, here is picture of it almost finished. I just need to rust it a little bit, seal it, then photograph it in front of a backdrop for my portfolio. Well, I also need to come up with a name for it, too. Believe it or not this stands about 5 feet tall and is mostly made out of washers, hex nuts, and chain. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks GREAT Nik. Can't wait to see the finished pics :)

    ReplyDelete